Monday, June 2, 2008

Today we have Zayra Yves coming to us from San Francisco, CA, USA.



Life Titles


Those other titles for my life are not right.
This is how I know they are not.

 

I arrived late to San Luis Obispo where my family sleeps
surrounded in the cove of Seven Sisters.

The coyotes were on the hill
digging up our dead dog buried next to the cats.
I did not stop them.  I did not cry.
I got out of my car to look up at the Milky Way,
the great belt of light, because here
like Maui, one can actually see these things.

I thought about what is true; what is real.

 

In the morning scraps of fur were stuck to the bushes
bits of cloth were rolling around in the wind.
And, I asked myself what of my life would be translated
by the wind after the coyotes came for me?

Now I am ready to write the truth

She Who Remembers is someone else's story.

I have told it well because I could.
It is time to write about my life.  The title will change
as I unravel it from words that belong to anyone
they just happen to be mine in this moment.

When I am finished the wind will tell you what I lived.
Stay with me for the journey.

 

 

Zayra Yves


Zayra can be found here:


http://allpoetry.com/Zayra%20Yves


Check her out.

No comments: