Sunday, March 16, 2008

Rob Ganson, known as Just Rob on Allpoetry.com comes to us from Wisconsin, USA:

His inimitable writings can be found here:


http://allpoetry.com/Just%20Rob




A Stream flows from the Loon Lake of my mind

 

 

 

 

 

 

                              {For Pat Dinnen}

 

 

 

A stream flows from the loon lake of my mind:

 

It requires no particular place to flow,

no respect from the land it feeds,

no song of itself for ungrateful ears.

It cannot be damned by merchant

or scoundrel, by grasping claws

of those who cannot inherit

the magic of the moon, the clarity,

the wisdom of water tumbling

over the smooth stone of time.

 

 

The paintings I sing,

the vistas of poetry I paint,

the story that tells me, line the banks

like wildflowers that usurp a neglected park.

All seasons reside along this rhythmic

ribbon of thought, This Stream

of consciousness.

 

 

If you listen, you can hear your spirit

sing like my loon, my coyote, my

laughter and tears.

There is a bend on this chromium path,

where sunrise kisses each mourning

with a hopeful mouth, hungry for you,

where a forever stone creates an eddy

that defines peace with silent song.

 

 

Can you hear the ripples, from the stone

I have tossed for you?

This is the place light goes to play

with water  and time is not.

 

 

This morning, I built you a bench there.

It is not an ordinary bench.

It will take you to your own stream,

lift you from unwanted time, place, and company.

 

 

This bench can fly.



Rob is an amazing writer.   Check him out.

1 comment:

J.D. said...

Pat loved this poem. When I read it to her she asked me to have it sent to her, which I did. She said, "It's like he knows me personally".