Monday, March 17, 2008

Wanda Lea Brayton makes her appearance, from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA,

too deeply rooted to be blown away by any hurricanes or dust storms.

She can be found here:


http://allpoetry.com/Night%20Hope


or here:


www.myspace.com/105007070




Within the Glistening





I have been wounded

& warped

by words falling errant

upon the page,

yet, healed by quiet murmurs,

the gentle rustle

of hands reaching out for me

in silence.

I have danced

beyond dawn's coming gleam,

unable to lay down my pen

& sleep,

taut with fiery imagination.

I have wished for moment's return

when I couldn't clarify my clouded emotions

& regretted the steel trap's closing

when I lashed out in anger.

I have whispered tender endearments

under moonlight's caress

 

& wept beyond reparation

when the world seemed too far away

to hold me.

I have been a Poet

every instant of my life,

even when language fails...



All visitors welcome.  Check her out.

No comments: