Saturday, February 9, 2008

From a good friend, Anna Emkah:

comes this fine little gem:


My Friend and Mentor


I met my friend almost two years ago
Have no idea now, how it actually went
All of a sudden we started talking 
About our poetry and personal events 
He told me about his fascination for Africa
And about France, of which his ancestry came 
About his fights for ‘human rights’ among people 
He gave me links to publish poetry, my aim.    


Ex-newsletter editor (for 7 years) for Dawn
Creator of poetry in various styles.
Rhymed verses he prefers and literary short stories
Including science fiction, which is also on his mind 
Villanettes & sonnets and couplets in rhyme  
An American Poet, who is quite renowned 
In ‘Writer's Digest top 100’, he excels
Noted in ‘Who’s Who In America’ & ‘…The World’.


He can look cool and a little stubborn 
But in reality he has a heart of gold 
Cannot stand people who are not honest
Or commenting on poems, being rude and bold
For him a poem needs to begin in delight
Made perfect with some wisdom at the end
He teaches me how and I learn from him
I welcome his support; he is my best friend.  

Anna can be found spinning her magic here:   http://allpoetry.com/Anna%20Emkah
Be sure to check her out.  She has a heart as big as all outdoors.  



No comments: