Monday, February 11, 2008

Rather Imaginative is ... rather imaginative. Her name is Carrie Lundberg.

You can find her here:   http://allpoetry.com/RatherImaginative

Paradigm Shifting . . .


Is my march in the ranks of pharisees
who raise a fist in willful ignorance
and lift their banners so self-righteously,
while chanting mantras in a fevered trance?

A self-important strut, a focus lost,
those hallowed words in red all but ignored,
the world's derision is the shameful cost
of marching in religion's rabid horde.

"Protect me, Jesus, from Your followers!"
This is the consequence of zealotry,
of "Christians" as misguided crusaders,
who pound the Book and scourge humanity.

I'd like to weep as scales fall from my eyes;
I've held hands with the devil in disguise.


She hails from Washington, USA.   Come by and visit sometime.

1 comment:

J.D. said...

Sorry. Somehow it posted twice before I was ready to post it and it wouldn't let me delete the first one.

J.D.