Monday, April 7, 2008

David Mott, known as Ariosto on Allpoetry.com, can be found here:


http://allpoetry.com/ariosto


He lives in Georgia, USA, but is originally from New England.



Garden of Souls

  


I may be the Tinman searching for a heart
except I haven't had much time to look these days

The road to Oz still keeps me going
sights I see seem more important than the steps I take

Once though, in a maze of crazy streets and alleys
I came to a gentle wall that blocked my way

A garden lay beyond its mossy crenellations
I could smell the blue, sweet scent of lilacs
ivory petals drifted down a sighing wind
I envied small birds that danced above it
envied the flowers blossoming within

I sat in shadows waiting
wondered what it must be like inside
but a doorway never opened
and I've grown too old to climb

Everyone's garden is a private place
mine must be the yellow bricks I stride


Check him out.

No comments: