Sunday, April 20, 2008

Doug comes to us from Minnesota. He can be found here:


http://allpoetry.com/Watuwant



Don't


Don’t lecture me,

  man.


Don’t tell me how happy you are

as you proceed to bitch about the car breaking down

and what a ball buster your day has been.


Don’t lie to me about the peace you’ve found

when your brother and you haven’t spoken

in months.


Don’t bemoan to me how f*cked up life is

while we watch Debbie kick dallas’ ass

on your flat screen,

your 15 year old alone in a room somewhere

doing god knows what.


Don’t continue to make a mockery out of your bibles,

  man,

your holy books,

which say thou shall have no false gods before me,

and then expect the greatest of spirits 

to sit back and let you do it.


Don’t preach to me about the religion you found,

like this latest elixir will now save the f*cking world

of your choice

as if some god actually planned all this shit

and some devil is forcing the play.


Don’t let my language throw you off,

being irrelevant to the path of peace, 

which says enough is enough.


Don’t continue to hate your brother,

  man,

anywhere,

and wonder why the planet is warming up,

this killing of self coming to a boil

as prophesized. 


Just don’t do it,

  man,

because I’m telling you,

I am not going to take it for very much longer,

and then you shall really know hell.



Check him out.

No comments: