Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Zayra Yves comes to us from beautiful San Francisco, California, USA. She

can be found here:

http://allpoetry.com/Zayra%20Yves

 

& here:


www.zayrayves.com



Untitled: Not Received



The letter outlined the 52 things I knew
I would do differently.

 

It started in the boat on the Zambezi
then moved to wishing we had put those twin beds
together in dark, rather than sleeping
                                                    so far apart.

 

I added lines for the dispute over color,
whether or not Buddha is better off dead.

Plus, I put a few double XX’s
so you can fill in the corrections to my errors
(the ones I am certain exist, I just don’t remember)
almost as if it just occurred to me to consider your opinion.

 

I realize seven years is a long time to wait

for this sudden awareness

 

for my heart as it falls from the vine;
how generous I am –

two thousand five hundred and twenty five days

                                                   too late.

 

 

 ~ zayra yves



Check her out.

 

No comments: